Friday 4 April 2014

LinkedIn isn’t Facebook, Honest!

I know it’s Friday. And I am, like many of you, very happy about that.

But is LinkedIn really the place for me to tell everyone I’m going to drown myself in wine and Doritos this weekend?

I really like LinkedIn. I also really like Facebook, but they are very different beasts. I use LinkedIn to keep in touch with my professional contacts. It’s perfect for sharing interesting articles, websites and events, and keeping up to date with what my contacts are talking about. Professionally.

If you like LinkedIn and want to use it properly PLEASE don’t use it like Facebook. Don't post pictures of cats in dresses, or tell me what you had for breakfast. It will just distract me and get me into trouble. And as a fellow professional I’m sure you wouldn’t want that. As for posting comments; as a general rule, if it would make your mother frown - don't write it!

That’s because LinkedIn is for professional networking. Not social networking.

All that being said, this is a blog. And I am VERY glad it’s Friday!!

Have a great weekend!


Author: Laura Biddiscombe

No comments:

Post a Comment