Friday 13 March 2015

7 Years at Sarsen Technology

Author - Laura Biddiscombe

This month marks the 7 year anniversary of my joining the Sarsen Technology team. It feels like only yesterday I was stood in the doorway in the pouring rain, waiting for the buzzer to open the door for my first interview. I'm sure it definitely feels like 7 years to Nigel sometimes!

I joined the team in 2008 as Sales Support for one of our previous product lines. You can read the Press Release here. I also had a fabulous *mug* head shot taken.
Later that year I moved into the role of Account Manager, looking after and developing some of our biggest accounts. It was during this time that I realised I was a bit of a geek, and that getting overly excited about 'Space Parts' wasn't exactly cool, but I couldn't (and still can't) help it. The first time I sold Space Qualified parts I actually printed out the quote and had it on the wall for a few months. Please don't judge me.

This nerdiness came to the fore the first year I visited DSEI - 2011. One of our boards was being used in a bomb disposal robotic vehicle that was on display at the show - kids at Christmas had nothing on my excitement level that day.

At the end of 2011 Nigel offered me the chance to move into the embedded side of the business, looking primarily at the VersaLogic PC/104 product line, and taking on some of the marketing activity day to day. This was a big change to component sales, but one I really enjoyed. I remember feeling completely out of my depth, but everyone was very patient with me and I'm still learning new things every day.


Having been at the same company for 7 years I've had the opportunity to work with some brilliant people, and have made some great connections all over the world. I've had the chance to travel, visit customers and be involved in incredible projects, including space applications (although I've learnt to disguise my excitement a little better these days).

I'm eager to start my 8th year at Sarsen Technology - this year is going to be an exciting one! We're taking part in DSEI 2015, and have a new member of staff taking on the United Electronic Industries product line, as well as new technology and products to introduce every single month. No two days are the same, and you never know what we'll be talking about tomorrow. 

If you'd like to know more about me or Sarsen Technology please get in touch - laurab@sarsen.net .

No comments:

Post a Comment